Travel 2.0 June 17, 2006Posted by Timothy Li in travel 2.0, web 2.0.
Can there be more names tagged with "2.0"? =)
Travelmole posted an article Travel 2.0 Confronts the Establishment last week to recap the changes and trends in the online travel industry. including –
- Personalized user-generated editorial profoundly impacts purchasing behavior
Reaching customers "beyond the browser" opens opportunities
- Mapping, mash-ups and tagging resonate with travel buyers
- Metasearch – scorned by many while heralded by others – won't go away
- Vertical search embeds travel features and profiling to attract more qualified eyeballs
- RSS comes of age and influences travel distribution
- Customer experiences online are significantly improved by RIA-based (Ajax, Flex) applications
The keyword Travel 2.0 intrigued me endlessly, but article is written in very general terms and left me unsatisfied. As soon as I looked up other articles with this keyword, It became obvious that many these articles ultimately leads to a name PhoCusWright, this apparently is the first group that coined this term.
It's a good initiative, bravo.