How to partially fix the com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros crash December 3, 2007Posted by Timothy Li in Airport, atheros, crash, Leopard.
I’ve had a few unfortunate experiences with the kernel panic caused by “com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros” since I installed Leopard a few weeks ago.
To partially dodge this problem, I recommend you to disable IPv6 from your Airport System Preference and disable the auto-update option in the Mail application.
To disable Ipv6:
- Goto the System Preferences
- Click on the Network button
- In the Airport screen, click on the Advanced button
- Select the TCP/IP tab
- For the Configure IPv6 drop down menu, select the Off option
- Select OK and Apply on the way out
To disable the auto-update option in Mail:
- Select the Mail application
- Goto menu item Mail -> Preferences
- For the Check for New Email option, select the option Manually.
Hope this helps.
A most recent crash report is attached below: